Pets make messes. They have claws. They sometimes shed like crazy. These are all important things to consider when choosing what types of flooring to choose for your home.
Look for flooring options that:
- Are waterproof or at least water-resistant.
- Resist scratches (unfortunately, no floor is totally scratch-proof).
- Are easy to clean (for spills, dirt, and fur).
- Have some level of traction to prevent dogs from slipping on the floor.
- Aren’t too cold for your pet to lie down on.
Based on durability, cleanability, livability, and functionality for families and dogs. The most pet-friendly flooring is SPC Vinyl Flooring.
This is a great choice functionality-wise. PermShield flooring is waterproof. They aren’t as cold as stone, tile, or concrete.
There is a bit of cushion in the underlayment. And this material isn’t as likely to cause skidding or falling.
The PermShield surface has a 22mil wear layer, a coat of urethane and ceramic bead, that takes some abuse and makes it scratch-resistant, stain-resistant, and easy to clean.
PermShield is beautiful and comes in varieties that look like wood. It is easy on your budget. And it is very hard to tear or scratch.